Bare feet

Monday, July 20, 2009

Almost Free!

The semester is almost over!! Thursday is the last day and everything is finally winding down. There are a few more assignments that need to be finished but the biggest one is over! I'm going to miss a lot of friends from this last semester though, but I am looking forward to next semester and a new group of people I'll meet and get to know. I'll still have some friends up here. It's crazy how fast this semester has gone by. It seems like just last week i was starting all my classes and thinking it would be ages before summer got here and now it's 4 days away! 
Today is Wes's 2 month mark, it doesn't seem like it's that long but it has definitely felt like a long time. He is doing good though, which is all i can ask for. 
But back to school and life up here... I have decided that the last week of the semester is the absolute worst and most stressful time of the year. Even though mid terms can be pretty stressful it still doesn't compare... this semester I had about 10+ papers to write (they varied in length though), a journal to put together, 2 finals, 2 presentations, white glove(clean checks), deciding what was going to stay up here for summer and what is coming home with me and last but not least, switching rooms. and all of this had the time frame of about 2 weeks. All I have left now are 3 papers, study for a final, white glove, packing and switching rooms. so the load has definitely gotten lighter but i still feel a little pressure. 
Going home is going to be so nice! I'm excited to go back to work at the Tot Spot at the Sports Mall. I never knew i would miss those kids as much as I do. I am so grateful that I was able to get that job again and that they are going to work with me when I come home for weekends and breaks. I just wish I had called earlier because of how often I came home the last 2 semesters. Working would have been nice and it would have kept me busy.