The first time I strapped into the board getting up was a pain in the butt! It still is but I'm getting better at it. I found that grabbing my toeside to pull myself up doesn't work very well for me. Going with the board and standing up is the best. Oh, and it helps when it isn't flat. When the hill is steeper it is much easier to get up.
I fell quite a few times and have discovered that trying to catch yourself is NOT a good idea. You just hurt yourself more than if you just let yourself fall into the snow. When I had my lesson I was quite frustrated cuz it looked so easy but it wasn't. I was usually the last one to catch up with the group cuz I kept leaning too far back and would fall but after our lesson when i went back up on the lift, I did much better. I finally figured out the right balance for my board and I feel maybe 2 or 3 times compared to what seemed 15 times that first time.
I think I found a new love for life.
I am so sore but I think I'm addicted to it. I can't wait to go again next week and hopefully the soreness will start to go away with time so I can do it more then just on fridays.