Bare feet

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

Well I decided to stay up at school over memorial day weekend despite many people trying to convince me to come home to utah. I'm glad i didn't though. I had so much fun with my roommates. Friday night we went out off roading with a couple of guys we know from our ward. It was so much fun! We were out for an hour or so out by the dunes just north of Rexburg. On the way out we picked up an extra passenger... namely a shopping cart. We stopped on the side of the road and put it in the bed of the truck and continued on our search for a good road to take. The last road we took a run on was AMAZING! I don't think i have been jumbled around so much in a long time. We tried finding another road on the way back but everything was fenced and blocked off.




On the way back we made a stop or two... Caleb and I ran through a field's sprinkler and the other stop you'll just have to ask about.


After the off roading we went to Little Caesars and got pizza and went to porter park and played games. well sort of played games, it was more messing around and playing. We stayed there for a couple of hours too. There were a lot of good laughs from that night. Sara got her shoes stolen, I refused to give up a beach ball we were playing with. Footballs were thrown and used as mini torpedos. Good times in college :)




Saturday was pretty uneventful, i think i worked on homework for the most part. So nothing special to report about saturday.
Sunday was relaxing and laid back. Sara left to go camping on sunday so it was just Katie, Darien and I. So that night, oh somewhere around 11 we decided to have a dance party in our apartment till 2 or 2:30 in the morning and we ten attempted to watch Step Up. I think I finally fell asleep around 3.



Then come monday morning at 6:15 off went my alarm. Katie and I had planned to go hike "R" mountain with our home teacher, his roommate and Caleb. We left our apartment at about 6:45 and made it to the mountain about 7 or so. The hike was gorgeous but there were parts that made me realize just how out of shape I am. Guess all that running i've been doing isn't working so well.


Once we got to the top of the mountain we realized we weren't on the right side of the mountain and there was no way we were going to make it to the other side by the time we needed to leave because Katie had work that morning. So instead we explored and took pictures of all the rock structures.







The rest of the day i was going to do homework and i did some but I was exhausted from the previous nights dancing and the hike and ended up sleeping most of the day.