Bare feet

Friday, July 23, 2010

One more down...

Well another semester here at BYU Idaho is complete and I'm heading back home...this time it is a little more bitter sweet. The semester has been really good. I have loved all my classes and teachers and have learned a lot. I finished all my foundation (general) courses and from here on out I just have Social Work classes which I am stoked about because I know all the people in my class and we are close. It will be so different not having them in class or seeing them for the next 5 months. I'll be glad to come back up in January to see them all. We have a lot of fun things planned and I'm sure Ryan will love it. :) The teachers in the Social Work program are just as amazing as my peers. We have had so much fun and have so many stories and quotes from classes. It is hard to pick a class that is my favorite, they each have their own special aspect. I am glad to see the semester end though, it has been harder without Ryan here. I made it through just like we both knew I would but I'm glad I don't have to do it again. Finals week I think was the hardest not having him here with me. It is amazing how much you realize someone helps you and means to you when they aren't there and how much you take them for granted when they are always there. I never realized how much of an effect he had on me until he left. But when he is gone it is like a part of me is gone with him.
I am so excited and happy to be going home for the next 5 months to work and plan the wedding. It is exciting to think that now the next time i come up here for school I will be married and no long living in the Pines or with any of my roommates. It is a little sad too, I have loved my experience with all my roommates and am grateful for all of them and what I have learned from them but I am excited to start this new part of my life and to live with Ryan for the rest of eternity. The wedding is still a ways off but it will come fast.
Ryan comes home in about 40 days, he'll be driving through utah in 40 but he is taking a salesmen from work back up to idaho so he won't be staying. He'll be back the next day though. But when he called and told me he wasn't extending for post season like we were planning, I was so excited!! It will be nice to have him back.
Finals went really well of what finals I had. Most of my finals for classes were presentations or take home finals which are easy in my opinion. The last tuesday of the semester was the most stressful day for me. I had a paper to turn in, a Ethics training, studying for my science Exam 4 (not the final). I started my day at probably 7 and wasn't done until 5 with classes and then off to do more studying.  Getting home that night was a sigh of relief to know we were done and that the class got an A on the Ethics Training we did. The only real final I had was in my science class and I just wanted to pass that class and I did so I'm happy. I"m hoping to pull a 3.5 this semester or something close to it. It is interesting to see how my grades have gone up since I started dating Ryan. Hopefully it goes up even more once we get married. :) Rumor has it that it does improve so we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Ryan's parents came up to Rexburg this week to pick up Karee from school and to drop off a car for Keith. We went to dinner and visited Thursday night which was so nice. I was so excited to see them and have them come up! We had a good conversation and they helped me load my car and everything.