Longest day of my life….and that is putting it lightly. Just kidding. Work was long and busy but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It was really nice actually and kept me busy. We were in the restaurant all day prepping and cooking stuff for the job. We left for the job at probably about 5 but we had errands to run for Shelly on our way out so we didn’t get there till 6. Then it was finishing prep work and working in the kitchen for half the night. My job was to make chicken salad sandwiches on croissant rolls. Then half way through the night I went out and cleared tables for the rest of the evening. Ryan was in and out doing different things and making sure the tables stayed stocked with what they needed.
While I was making the rounds someone called out and asked if my name was Beth and I said yes and walked over…it was Bro. Douglas from Kaysville!! I was so surprised to see him! It was his nieces wedding reception. He asked what I was doing out here and I told him I was out with my fiancée for a couple weeks and then we were going back up to Utah. I went and got Ryan and introduced him. What are the chances of meeting someone from utah, from my old ward in Kaysville at a job that Shelly was catering, the weekend we are in Cali? Crazy!! But it made a good night even better. The rest of the night I just kept making rounds and clearing tables. We were cleaned up and out of the facility by 11 and on our way back to the restaurant. We got back and helped unload and reload for the job the next day. We left there at about 12:30 and then went to Amanda’s to feed the fishies. At 1 we finally got home and went to bed.