Bare feet

Friday, August 13, 2010

“when hearts are high the time will fly, so whistle while you work…”

Today was my first day working at the restaurant and helping with the catering and let me tell you was it a LONG day!! My feet were sore by the end of the night and I was exhausted. I enjoyed what I did though. I helped make several different things for the 4 jobs that we have this weekend. We started work at 10 and worked till about 10:30 at night. Ryan would switch between the restaurant and things for catering and running to the store to get things that Shelly needed. For a little bit it took me a while to get used to the atmosphere because I am so used to working with kids and the slow paced work environment of playing with toys, coloring and making sure the kids play nicely and get along. Going from that to a rushed restaurant/ catering kitchen is quite the shocker… But I liked seeing what he has done for the past 7 years for work and he is good at what he does. I actually like working, working and not playing for work. I have been toying with the idea of maybe having us come out next summer and working for the 7 week break or something but I don’t know what will happen between now and then.
While I was working I made guacamole, salsa chicken, potato salad, sliced up a whole bunch of different things and did what ever Shelly needed me to help out. We closed the restaurant at 3 but didn’t leave for the jobs until about 6:15. We were doing all the cooking of the hot stuff and getting it ready to be taken over. The job Ryan and I had was easy and we just dropped the food, set up and left. Then we went and ran errands for Shelly and took food out the other job in Corona (the first one was in Chino) and ran to Sam’s club to get a few things.
When we got back to the restaurant we helped clean up for the next day and ate dinner from the left overs from the first job and the salsa chicken was so good!! J to think ryan knows how to make all this and he never mentioned it…shame on him.. just kidding he had but we never made it cuz we were too busy with school and everything else. But now both of us know how to make a few of the things.